Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Pomelo tea:)



During my trip to Beijing, I once ordered an interesting tea in a Korean restaurant near my hotel. The name of tea means: Pomelo tea. Pomelo is a kind of Chinese grapefruit. I really like the taste, thought it was made of fresh pomelos, and you can see the pieces of pomelo floating. I was thinking to look up on the internet to see how they made it.

Last week I went to Han Cook Supermarket at Santa Clara. for grocery shopping, I saw a big pile of bottles on say: on the bottle, it says Pomelo tea!

It is very simple to make. take one or two table spoon in a cup, add water( cold or hot) , then stir. I personally like hot better

I love the taste. Avril loves it. She never liked cold water, but this time she demands to have it warm. It is a little too sweet, so I always add a lot water to dilute it. (more than the instruction recommends)

You can find many other similar bottle but different flavor: Jujube tea, Honey Aloe, Lemon, ginger, papaya...



My husband has a problem of me calling them 'tea'. To him, the tea has to have 'tea leave' in it. To Chinese, we may call everything tea if it is hot and it some flavor tea. Actually in my home village, people even call hot water tea:)

No comments: